Long ago, calendar days were printed in black ink, except for the special, important days. Those were printed in red ink. Every day can't be a red letter day, but every red letter day should be exceptional.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

No more apologies or backing down


The huge health care bill passed last week and I am THRILLED. Not only will I have a chance at someday actually having health insurance again, I am thrilled the Dems in Congress actually grew a pair and voted as if they mean it. And I am NOT going to be wishy washy about it! Not gonna try and appease my Republican friends by not taking a side, or voicing my opposition to the shitty way the Republican members of Congress are behaving. By the way, I AM AN AMERICAN who is proud of this government. Proud that people I don't know will take a stand for me and try to help me. Not line the pockets of some insurance giant or KBR or Halliburton. Me and my friends, who every day skirt around medical problems because we don't have insurance. My friend Cynthia called me this very morning. She has an ear infection. She wondered if I had ever used vinegar and water to cure one. She can't afford to go to the doctor and her county doesn't have a health clinic. So, she is going to do without the antibiotics. Now, I have heard from some that it's "easy" to get help. Why there are lots of places, they tell me. Not that they have tried, mind you. They have premium plans with their companies, don't you know. I don't understand what is fearful about this health care bill. Ohhhh, "they" say... Government is going to get between you and your doctor..... ooooohhhh. Have you ever dealt with an insurance company? They are firmly planted between you and your doctor and have been for years. They dictate how long you can be in the hospital, what meds and how you can take them, what tests you can get... on and on. Plus, they can't be voted out! So don't give me this Chicken Little Crap.

And while we are at it, if you don't like it so much then all GDR's (God Damn Republicans), must give up Medicare, Medicade and any access to the new health care plan. If it's so offensive, then fine, don't use it.

Oh and by the way, no need to "take back the country." We already did. From the greed, corruption and just plain dangerous people who were in charge for way too long. I am a real American and I sponsored this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment